Anthony Benadie MPL
Provincial Leader – Mpumalanga
Wednesday 24 April, is election day in Mbombela. Residents in Wards 17 and 30 will take to the polls to elect a new ward councillor to represent their interests.
Only registered voters in in these wards are eligible to vote in these by-elections and must vote at the voting stations where they are registered. Voters must take their green bar-coded South African ID with them to the voting station in order to cast their ballot. Photo copies of ID documents (including certified copies), drivers licenses and passports are not accepted by the IEC for voting purposes
In Ward 30, White River, there are three voting stations, located at;
- White River town hall, c/o Peter Graham and Chief Mgiyeni Khumalo roads;
- Rob Ferreira High School (Danie Joubert Street); and
- White River licensing department (c/o Danie Joubert and Indus streets in the industrial area).
In Ward 17, Nelspruit, Steiltes, Nelsville there are three voting stations, located at;
- Lowveld Country Club (LVCC) at 1 Aurora Street, Steiltes;
- Laerskool Bergland, c/o Van Wijk and Giraffe streets, Nelspruit
- Nelsville community hall, c/o Grace and Raymond streets, Nelsville.
Voting stations will be open from 07h00 to 21h00 on voting day.
Voters who are unsure of where to cast their vote, can SMS only their ID number to the IEC’s voter assistance centre on 32810, and they will receive a response indicating at which voting station they can cast their ballot.
The DA calls on every registered voter in these wards to take responsibility for the outcome of Wednesday’s election, by not only ensuring that they keep both wards DA, but also ensuring that they retain a strong opposition within the Mbombela council.