Jacques Smalle MP
DA Limpopo Provincial Leader
The MEC for Department of Education, Dickson Masemola must launch investigations into alleged corrupt activities at Kuschke Agricultural School outside Polokwane.
It is alleged that the Principal of the school has employed his close relatives including wife, his children , brothers, brothers in law and friends to become teachers and Senior Managers despite them having no qualifications at all.
After a meeting with several parents to confirm these allegations, we have also noted that:
- Parents purchasing school uniforms are instructed to deposit the monies into an account believed to be that of the principals’ wife , not the school.
- Some SGB members don’t pay school and hostel fees for their children.
- The Livestock at the school is being sold or taken to the Principal’s farm in Mookgophong.
- Principal is also demanding to be paid by the SGB as well as the department (Double salaries) every month
- Employees are forced to pay R92 for the electricity coupon for the electricity in their residences from the school as they cannot buy it anywhere else.
This is a clear indication that after 19 years into the democracy, many workers are still working under unpleasant working conditions.
The DA is urging the MEC to probe these allegations and establish a task team to audit all the financial affairs of the school and mismanagement of funds.