DA Limpopo Provincial Leader
Health MEC, Dipuo Letsatsi Duba, must urgently suspend Musina Hospital’s Acting CEO, Dr Allick Dube who has a bad managerial record and a manslaughter case hanging over his head.
Dr Dube, who was initially working as a Clinical Manager, was appointed three months ago as an Acting CEO despite patients, staff members and local health organisations lodging a complaint to the department regarding his bad behaviour.
According to the reports, Dr Dube is being accused of the following:
- Harassing and intimidating staff and patients especially if they are not from South Africa.
- Refusing to give care to the patients especially rape survivors and newborn babies (two of them died).
- Once accused of manslaughter in 2004 and sentenced to 15 years but served only three years.
- He is alleged to have obtained his South African medical license fraudulently.
- He was selling ARV’s to patients.
The task team was established to probe the allegations but no recommendations were made. This happened despite staff members, patients and health organisations embarking on a strike calling for his removal.
The DA believes that the task team did not live up to their expectations but protected Dr Dube notwithstanding the serious allegations he is facing.
We urge the MEC to re-establish a new task team to probe the matter further and come up with the proper recommendations.
MEC must urgently remove Dr Dube from his position.