Leader of the Official Opposition in the Free State Provincial Legislature
Yesterday the Standing Rules and Orders Committee in the Free State Provincial Legislature met and decided to make changes to the structures of various portfolio committees.
The number of portfolios have been reduced from seven to five in the Fifth Legislature.
As a result of the restructuring, the DA as the Official Opposition in the Free State Legislature reallocated members of the caucus to new portfolios accordingly.
The allocations are as follow:
- Economic Development Cluster: Agriculture, Rural Development, Small Business, Sports, Arts and Culture – Roy Jankielsohn, supported by James Letuka in Sports, Arts and Culture
- Governance Cluster: Cooperative Governance, Office of the Premier and the Legislature – James Letuka
- Social Services Cluster: Education, Health and Social Development – Mariette Pittaway
- Public Accounts and Finance – David van Vuuren
- Infrastructure Cluster: Public Works, Infrastructure, Roads, Transport and Human Settlements – Leona Kleynhans
The DA as the Official Opposition in the Free State Provincial Legislature will ensure that these committees function optimally, conducting effective oversight over the provincial executive and holding them to account.