Jacques Smalle (MPL)
DA Limpopo Provincial Leader
Tomorrow, Limpopo Premier Stanley Mathabatha must stop making empty promises and start delivering basic services by implementing all programmes effectively and efficiently.
The State of the Province address (SOPA) should not focus on a good story to tell because every Limpopo citizens knows of all the lies and corruption this province is still being faced with and that is not a good story to tell.
The DA expects the Premier to get down to the real business of running Limpopo.
He must focus on:
- Increasing economic growth and job opportunities in Limpopo
- Limit political interference in government appointments and stop cadre deployment
- Creating incentive schemes to attract more investment
- Fight corruption within the ranks of the provincial government and municipalities by introducing regulations that will hinder employment doing business with state.
- Fill all vacant posts especially in key positions in hospitals, clinics, municipalities and in various departments.
The DA has noted that economic development has been scarce and scattered. Opportunities in the local municipalities have been limited and it is important to drive issues contained in the National Development Plan (NDP) which will improve their status.
We want Premier Mathabatha to outline his plans on how to deal with various departments and municipalities that are unable to deliver on their core mandates.
A decisive plan on how to address the collapsing health system, backlog of basic services such as proper sanitation, water, roads, rdp housing and improved schools infrastructure is needed.