By Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities:
Western Cape wine producers have been ranked as South Africa’s best, according to results published in the latest industry index.
SA Wine Index this week released its 2015 Wine Awards Report, a comparison of the results of 84 global competitions, wine reviews and listings reworked into a single score out of 100 for each wine.
Alan Winde, Minister of Economic Opportunities, said the SA Wine Index was a key report for the industry.
“The SA Wine Index provides an excellent benchmark for the wine industry. It showcases South Africa’s highest quality wines. I’m pleased to see that Western Cape wine farms have received the recognition they deserve. We have an excellent tourism offering, backed up by quality products.”
SA Wine Index top ten producers for 2015:
- Saronsberg Cellar – Tulbagh
- Bouchard Finlayson – Hermanus
- Jordan Wine Estate – Stellenbosch
- Hamilton Russell Vineyards – Hermanus
- KWV Mentors Range – Paarl
- Rustenberg Wines – Stellenbosch
- Rijks Private Cellar – Tulbagh
- Groot Constantia Estate – Constantia
- Constantia Glen – Constantia
- Spier – Stellenbosch
For the full SA Wine Index 2015 Awards report, visit http://www.sawineindex.com/page/awards/