Tomorrow, Thursday, 30 July 2015, members of the DA caucus in the Free State Provincial Legislature will table questions for oral reply to members of the Executive Council.
Mariette Pittaway (MPL) will ask the following question to the MEC for Social Development, Sisi Ntombela:
- Whether the department has failed to pay out subsidies timeously to any of the (i) non-governmental organisations (NGOs) and/or (ii) non-profit organisations participating in government aligned social programmes in the province since 01 April 2015; if not, how was this conclusion reached; if so, (a) which organisations, and in each case (b) how many months in arrears, (c) the total amounts owed, (d) the reasons for non-payment and (e) by which date will the department make the full payment?
Chief Whip David van Vuuren (MPL) will ask the MEC for Education, Tate Makgoe, the following question:
- Whether the department has failed to timeously pay out any subsidies to schools since 01 April 2015; if not, how was this conclusion reached; if so, (a) what are the reasons for failing to pay subsidies to schools timeously and (b) what measures has the department implemented to ensure that school subsidies will be paid timeously in future;
The DA Caucus Chairperson, James Letuka (MPL) will ask the following question to the MEC for Cooperative Governance, Traditional Affairs and Human Settlements, Olly Mlamleli:
- (a) What was the department’s annual target and (b) actual number of bucket toilets eradicated in the the (i) 2009/10, (ii) 2010/11, (iii) 2011/12, (iv) 2012/13, (v) 2013/14 and (vi) 2014/15 financial years and (vii) since 01 April 2015 up until which date information is available for?
Leona Kleynhans (MPL) will ask the following questions to the MEC for Public Works, Dora Kotzee:
- Whether the department has evicted any South African government employees from any housing units under its management to make housing available for the newly arrived Cuban employees; if not; (a) what housing has been made available for each Cuban employee and (b) what is the monthly financial cost; if so, what was the (aa) designation, (bb) total yearly remuneration and (cc) the salary grade of each evictee;
- Whether the department has made alternative accommodation available for evicted South African government employees; if not, why not; if so, in each case (a) what alternative accommodation has been made available and (b) the monthly financial cost?
The Leader of the Official Opposition, Roy Jankielsohn (MPL) will ask the following questions to the MEC for Public Works, Dora Kotzee:
- (a) Who was the previous tenant of the Jim Fouche Resort and (b) what are the reasons for the cancellation of the contract with the previous tenant;
- Whether the previous tenant was reimbursed for any renovations made to the resort and its infrastructure; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
- What is the current status of the resort;
- Whether the department has any plans to ensure that the resort will be utilised; if not, why not; if so, (a) what are the plans and (b) what timeframes are applicable to these plans?
The details of the oral questions session are as follows:
Date: Tomorrow, Thursday, 30 July 2015
Venue: The Chamber of the Fourth Raadzaal, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein