Tomorrow, 22 July 2015, the DA Provincial Leader and Spokesperson on Education , Jacques Smalle (MPL) will be meeting with the MEC for Education, Ishmael Kgetjepe , to discuss all challenges facing our learners in schools on daily basis.
The DA has been on the forefront raising and exposing issues affecting the smooth running of schools across the province but the department has failed dismally to resolve some of the burning issues despite their empty promises.
Issues to be discussed with the MEC Kgetjepe amongst others includes the following:
- Scholar transport
- Implementing and Auditing the Norms and Standards
- Action plan for the mop up textbook delivery
- School nutrition programmes, their tenders and unsafe food being fed to our children
- Sanitation for schools which still have no toilets
- Malamulele school destruction and disruption – consequences with regards to infrastructure, security, feeding scheme
The meeting will be held as follows:
Date: Wednesday, 22 July 2015
Venue: Boardroom, MEC’s office (Cnr Biccard and Excelsior, Polokwane)
There will be an opportunity for photographs and interviews.