Tomorrow members of the DA caucus in the Free State Provincial Legislature will table questions for oral reply to members of the Executive Council.
Mariette Pittaway (MPL) will ask the following question to the MEC for Education, Tate Makgoe:
- Whether the department has failed to deliver any (a) textbooks, (b) learning aids and (c) teaching aids for all (i) subjects and (ii) grades for the 2015 academic school year; if not, how was this conclusion reached; if so, in each case which (aa) textbooks, (bb) learning aids and (cc) teaching aids were not delivered and (dd) why;
- What steps has the department taken to ensure that all outstanding (i) textbooks, (ii) learning aids and (iii) teaching aids are delivered without any delay;
- What measures are in place to ensure that the correct quantities of (i) textbooks, (ii) learning aids and (iii) teaching aids for the 2016 academic school year are (a) ordered in time and (b) that these will be delivered before the commencement of the new academic school year?
Leona Kleynhans (MPL) will ask the following questions to the MEC for Public Works, Dora Kotzee:
- Whether the department has evicted any South African government employees from any housing units under its management to make housing available for the newly arrived Cuban employees; if not; (a) what housing has been made available for each Cuban employee and (b) what is the monthly financial cost; if so, what was the (aa) designation, (bb) total yearly remuneration and (cc) the salary grade of each evictee;
- Whether the department has made alternative accommodation available for evicted South African government employees; if not, why not; if so, in each case (a) what alternative accommodation has been made available and (b) the monthly financial cost?
The Leader of the Official Opposition, Roy Jankielsohn (MPL) will ask the following questions to the MEC for Health, Benny Malakoane:
- Whether the department has experienced shortages of (a) immunisation medicine for infants and (b) family planning medication at any provincial clinics since January 2015; if not, how was this conclusion reached; if so, in each case what are the reasons for the shortages;
- Whether the department has taken steps to address these shortages; if not, why not; if so, (a) what steps have been taken and (b) by when will all these clinics be fully stocked with these medicines?
The DA Caucus Chairperson, James Letuka (MPL) will ask the following question to the MEC for Education, Tate Makgoe:
- Whether the department will contract qualified teachers from Cuba to serve in public schools in the Free State; if not, why not; if so, (a) how many teachers will be contracted, (b) for which subjects and (c) for which grades;
- What will be the (a) contract period, (b) the annual remuneration, (c) the total financial cost of benefits pertaining to (i) travel, (ii) accommodation, (iii) medical aid, (iv) pension contributions be for each contracted Cuban teacher;
- Whether the language difference between the mother tongue of Cuban teachers, which is Spanish, not impede in anyway the transfer of knowledge to our learners, whose mother tongues are predominantly (i) Sesotho, (ii) Afrikaans and (iii) English; if not, how was this conclusion reached; if so, how can the department justify the employment of Cuban Teachers;
- Whether the curriculum to train teachers in Cuba meet the same standard of the curriculum in South Africa; if not, why not; if so, how was this conclusion reached;
- Whether the (i) Cuban curriculum and the (ii) South African curriculum for learners are compatible; if not, what are the exact differences; if so, how was this conclusion reached?
Chief Whip David van Vuuren (MPL) will ask the MEC for Health, Benny Malakoane, the following question:
- Whether the department has failed to remunerate members of the Free State Hospital Board at any time during the (a) 2014/15 financial year and since 01 April 2015 up to which date information is available for; if not, (a) how was this conclusion reached and (b) how much has been paid to each board member for each month during the specified period; if so, (aa) since when has the department failed to make payments, (bb) how much is owed to each board member and (cc) by which date will payments be made?
The details of the oral question session are as follows:
Date: Tomorrow, Wednesday, 26 August 2015
Venue: The Chamber of the Fourth Raadzaal, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein.