Today members of the DA caucus in the Free State Provincial Legislature will table questions for oral reply to members of the Executive Council and participate in the Heritage Day Debate.
Mariette Pittaway (MPL) will ask the following question to the MEC for Health, Benny Malakoane:
- Whether the MEC is aware that the security fencing around Pelonomi Regional Hospital is completely dilapidated; if not, will the MEC visit the facility to ascertain the state of the security fencing; if so,
- Whether the MEC has (a) decided to make funds available for the repair of the security fence and/or (b) requested the Department of Public Works to repair the security fence; if not, why not; if so, when will invitation to tender be announced?
Leona Kleynhans (MPL) will ask the following questions to the MEC for Police Roads and Transport, Butana Khompela:
- Whether the German government has made any investments into the (i) Vehicle Distribution Centre at the Tsiame Industrial Park and (ii) the Harrismith Logistics Hub following his visit to Germany from 13-20 September 2013; if not, why not; if so, in each case (a) what investments have been made and (b) what are the terms of agreement with regards to each investment;
- Whether the German Minister of Labour and Ports, Mr Gunther, paid an official visit to the Free State following the MEC’s visit to Germany; if not, why not; if so, (a) when did Minister Gunther visit the Free State, (b) which areas did he visit and (c) for what purpose;
- Whether the MEC signed, on behalf of the department , a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Minister Gunther, pertaining to cooperation and investments into the (i) Vehicle Distribution Centre at the Tsiame Industrial Park and (ii) the Harrismith Logistics Hub; if not, why not; if so, (a) when and (b) where was the MoU signed and (c) what are the relevant details pertaining to the MoU?
The Leader of the Official Opposition, Roy Jankielsohn (MPL) will ask the following questions to the MEC for Agriculture, Oupa Khoabane:
- What payments have been made by the department to ESTINA since 2009 up to the latest date for which information is available for and in each case (i) when (ii) the total amount and (iii) the reasons for each payment made?
The DA Caucus Chairperson, James Letuka (MPL) will ask the following question to the MEC for Sports, Arts, Culture and Recreation, Mathabo Leeto;
- Whether the Performing Arts Centre of the Free State (PACOFS) CEO, Mr Teboho Macholo, have been suspended; if not, why not; if so, (a) what are the reasons for his suspension, (b) when did the suspension come into effect, (c) who has been appointed to the position as acting CEO;
- Whether the department has investigated numerous allegations of (a) corruption, (b) fraud, (c) nepotism and (b) wilful mismanagement at PACOFS; if not, why not; if so, in each instance what has been the department’s findings?
Chief Whip David van Vuuren (MPL) will participate in the Heritage Day Debate.
The details of the oral question session are as follows:
Date: Today, Tuesday, 22 September 2015
Venue: The Chamber of the Fourth Raadzaal, President Brand Street, Bloemfontein